Our mission and history
Who we are
- We are a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian ministry founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. We build with people in need regardless of race or religion. We welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds.
- Meet our Board of Directors and our CEO, Jonathan Reckford.
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn are Habitat's most famous supporters. The couple annually leads the Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Work Project.
What we build
Why we build
- Nearly 2 billion people around the world live in slum housing and over 100 million are homeless. Habitat for Humanity is needed to help eliminate poverty by providing simple, decent shelter to those in need.
- Families left homeless by natural disasters, war and civil unrest often face dire housing situations as they struggle to rebuild their lives. Habitat for Humanity's Disaster Response program provides shelter and housing solutions to help these families recover.